Acupuncture ~ Yoga ~ Tai Chi ~ Qi Gong
Bourne End ~ Marlow ~ Maidenhead ~ Cookham ~ Beaconsfield
High Wycombe ~ Henley ~ Wooburn Green
Phone: 01628 673377
Mobile: 07732 705644
Weekly Class Schedule for
Classes commence 13th January
- Monday 11:45am - 1pm Somatic Movement Coaching - (8 max)
- Monday 1:15 - 2:30 Flow yoga, sequencing and rhythm (8 max)
- Monday 4:45 to 5:45pm Tai Chi short form; from the beginning
- Monday 5:45 to 6pm Tai Chi short form run through
- Monday 6 to 7:30pm Qi Gong/Tai Chi .... all welcome. The emphasis is on developing postures with similar qualities from both disciplines.
- Monday 7:30 to 8pm Longform/sansou/sword tai chi forms. Intermediate
- Wednesday 1 - 2:30pm Restorative Yoga (8 max)
- Wednesday 2:45 - 3:30pm Taoist Meditation
Acupuncture, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Yoga and Tao Yoga have existed for many hundreds of years. Much of the philosophical background is the same. My overall approach is to firstly connect us back to ourselves to begin the process of “checking in” with our physical being. Once we start to look within to see how we are feeling on a physical level we can then start the process of trusting the aspects that feel good and correcting the aspects that don’t feel so good.
All of the practices facilitate and initiate positive change. Gradually, through listening to ourselves and using gentle exercise, we begin to soften tension and bring the body into correct skeletal posture so the muscles and tendons relax. Then stress can leave the body naturally. By practising Tai Chi, Qi Gong and/or Yoga we very quickly become aware of imbalances and can soften and correct them easily.
There is a conundrum here. As the body softens and relaxes into its natural form stamina, strength, concentration, alertness and all round fitness develop naturally.
The style of exercise within each discipline contains dynamic movement, slow movement and stillness.
New Tai Chi & Qi Gong weekly class
Mondays 6pm - 7:30pm
Cost £55 for consecutive 5 week block
This is a new class with a format designed so that anyone can join in. The main emphasis of this class is on the principles of Tai Chi and Qi Gong alongside application, partner work and how to connect the body and mind so that our movements become sensitive and coordinated. The class consists of 3 main components: 1) structure and stability within the movements 2) sensitivity and partner work 3) mind connection and breath
Please email or call if you would like to join the class.